Monday, March 17, 2014

Roasted Broccoli with Dried Fruits

I know it has been a while since my last recipe post, and for that I apologize.  I have been cooking and creating, I just haven't had time to write about it because I have been very busy editing photos for  Ginnie Coleman Photography, which is my other business!

I need to make sure I am at least posting one per week, so I promise I'll make more of an effort.  

Last night I was craving broccoli, but I wanted a bit of sweetness to so this is what I came up with.  The dried fruits I used for this were a perfect match!  This is also my standard roasting recipe.  You really can't beat roasted vegetables.  What makes them extraordinary is finding different combinations to enjoy.  Have fun and try something new today.

Roasted Broccoli with Dried Fruits

2 large heads broccoli
4 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. dried fruit mixture (figs, plums, and apricots), sliced into thin strips
1/4 c. sliced almonds
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat an oven to 450 degrees.  

Slice the broccoli stem off so the broccoli head has about 2 inches of stem on each one.  Then slice bigger florets in half or quarters lengthwise so they are all about the same size.  Place on a sheet pan and drizzle the oil with the broccoli, and then mix to make sure the broccoli is evenly coated with the oil.

Cook for 10 minutes.  Turn the broccoli and then put back in the oven.  Cook for an additional 6 minutes.  If the broccoli isn't al dente at this point, cook until it is before you proceed with the next step.  Add the dried fruits and almonds so they are evenly spaced, salt and pepper and return to the oven for another few minutes...just enough to heat the fruits. (They will hard to candy if you let it cook too long!)

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I would recommend anyone to take a look at this. I feel it’s just a steal. It really is one of the best paleo recipe books we’ve come across!
    This blog is a great blog and great knowledge . I think it would be even better if it joined with knowledge in this blog .
    I suggest you follow this link to the video to guide you. THE PALEO GRUBS BOOK

    ReplyDelete